It is the first day of Summer so naturally, here in Los Angeles, it is a balmy 67 degrees. Go figure. I can’t say I mind, though. I’m the exception, not the rule, in my native city. I actually abhor hot weather. So I’ll take the odd cool day in Summer when I can get it. I am presently enjoying a peaceful evening at home after a particularly strenuous week so it seemed like an apt moment to do some “Friday Favorites” for y’all.
- Apparently, Russell Crowe drunkenly bought a Dinosaur skull from Leonardo DiCaprio. Because rich guys.
- I saw the movie Late Night. I enjoyed it and my favorite thing about it was the costumes so I enjoyed this article.
- A new Harry Potter themed coffee shop is opening downtown, here in LA, and I am ready to throw all the money at them.
- If, like me, you were into the TV show “My So-Called Life,” please enjoy this dialog between Claire Danes and Wilson Cruz, 25 years later.
- Don’t we all want to grow old like the Golden Girls?
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- I have been contributing more and more frequently to The Hollywood Pictures News’ weekly overview of “now in theaters” trailers.
- My friend Carolyn, a blogger I’ve known for ages, is moving and I wish her the best!
- Alyssa is crushing it post weight-loss surgery. I am so proud of her!
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I updated my professional resume just a tad. Some new fonts and such. I think it’s smart to do so every few months. I always think of something I missed in the edit prior.
- Saw these adorable Harry Potter “flying key” hooks and I want them SO MUCH.
- Taylor Swift’s new video premiered. I can’t decide how I feel about it. Thoughts?
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- My client, Liz Vassey, was interviewed by Icon Vs. Icon and it’s so terrific. It’s really long but she’s so worth “listening” to.
- There seem to be addendums to Instagram so regularly now, I can hardly keep track. And now, suggested accounts via DMs?
- Always good to keep a post like this bookmarked — all the latest specs for social media image sizes.
- Important information. In case you didn’t know, the Backstreet Boys have the power to unite us all:
Had a really tough week and tonight I was the subway and some guy walks between train cars, shirtless, bumping a speaker. I wasn't in the mood for Showtime particularly. But sometimes people and life surprise you and a little magic happens. pic.twitter.com/S7o4282SOS— Joel Wertheimer (@Wertwhile) June 17, 2019