Blah, blah, blah….
The FTC recognizes that bloggers need some rules, y’all. There’s a whole mess of ’em just for our kind. As such, I offer you this legal jargon that ideally, will protect me if someone actually takes this content seriously enough to merit a challenge of some kind.
If you’re reading my blog, you should assume the following:
- I make money at a full-time job that I really enjoy so I feel no added pressure to monetize this blog. I created this blog to get back to enjoying blogging as a hobby so I reserve the right to be picky and will quote prices for sponsored posts or advertising accordingly.
- If I’m making money on a post, I’ll tell you. If I’m being provided a product gratis, I’ll tell you. Sometimes I’ll probably forget – I’m not perfect. And sometimes I’ll write about stuff purely because I want to. I’m just that nice.
- I’m not above tweeting, facebooking, instagramming, pinning and so forth, for a fair price. But I am above lying so take that for what you will.
- If you email me, all of the information in your email is mine to do with as I please, such as quoting it on my blog. I’ll probably redact your name. Maybe. Again, no real interest in being sued.
- Did I mention I’m not a liar? Even if I got a product to review for free does not mean I am required to like it.
- This site totally complies with COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act) because, well, I don’t have any children and that makes things pretty easy.
- In the interest of protecting your privacy, I’m not sharing your information with anyone. Unless they offer me a lot of money — and then I’ll ask your permission first.
If any questions remain, feel free to email me. At your own risk.