It’s been a long blog-tradition of mine to establish a checklist of things to achieve in the new year. It was “33 Things in 2012” since I turned 33 that year. A couple years in, though, I changed over to “14 in 2014” so as to reduce some of the pressure.
All that’s to say that this year, I’m sticking to plain ol’ resolutions. Not so much a checklist – though some items are of that ilk. I’m aiming to be more thoughtful in this year’s effort, acknowledging that I won’t complete all of them – I never do – and that is okay.
- Send cards and postcards. Just because. pussy88
- See all of the Fast & Furious movies. Seriously.
- Host a brunch or dinner party at home.
- Read. Books. The news.
- Love hard. And accept love from others.
- Say “no” more often.
- Get dining room chairs. (Yep, I only have a table right now.)
- Draw. Or sketch.
- Pick up more freelance writing work.
- Get better acquainted with “mute,” “block” and “unfriend.”
- Attend comedy shows.
- Spend money more thoughtfully. Experiences over things.
- Drop 40 pounds. (I know. I’m a cliche.)
- Attend some hockey games.
- See some theater and concerts.
- Watch (at home) more movies I’ve never seen before.
- Apologize less.
- Forgive myself more often.