I Can’t Feel My Face… But I Love it
I save things in my pocket all week long and look forward to sharing highlights with all of you! It’s been a while so grab the nearest bucket of popcorn, kids. (Note: It was a little tricky to do “What’s in my Pocket Friday” since when I went to open up my Pocket, Pocket was actually offline. But I didn’t feel like changing the name of the series. COME BACK POCKET! I’m lost without you!)
Pocket enables users to save something they find online for later. I find it especially handy as a Google Chrome extension — I only have to click a button to immediately save something to my pocket. Once something is saved, the content is visible on any device — phone, tablet, computer, and even offline.
- I’ve been travelling a lot for work. I am exhausted. But then I lay down and I can’t sleep. It’s super annoying. Also, on an even more personal note, I have a sty on my left eyelid that absolutely refuses to go away and would appreciate any suggestions, home remedies, miracle solutions, etc.
- During said trip, I stopped by Buzzfeed’s NY HQ. I cannot tell a lie — it was pretty cool.
- There’s a new bar in town and this Medium post tells us all about it, whatever it is, wherever it is. Perfection.
- I thought the MTV Video Music Awards were terrible. Like, really terrible. It was so incredibly staged and packed with bullshit and when does MTV even show music videos anymore anyway? But you know who I loved? The Weeknd. I have this song on repeat right now.
- I also very much enjoyed dancing Kanye. Which is about the only 30 seconds I enjoyed him for. If he really runs or President, I’m defecting.
- I asked Facebook what I should read next. I added about ten new books to my Goodreads queue but settled on downloading The Martian because a few people endorsed it and I would like to read it before the movie comes out next month.
- If you get HBO and have not yet seen “Tig Notaro: Boyish Girl Interrupted,” you’re missing out. Her Netflix documentary is pretty fucking great, too. She may be my new hero.
- Tomorrow I am taking a vacation day. I will be at the spa for at least three hours. Then I may take myself out to lunch and/or to a movie. Please don’t bug me. 😉
Earlier This Week….
- I opened a giveaway on the other blog – go enter!
- I was announced as a Brand Ambassador for a jewelry company I love. If you ever wanted to see me without makeup on… (well, I’m wearing mascara is all).
- iBlog threw a full-page feature my way. I’m immensely flattered! It turned out really well.
- Did a press tour in NY and has a blast with cast and crew! Here’s one of the stops we made at HuffPost Live.
- A trailer for a documentary I’m proud to be associated with premiered. You’re gonna love it: