The last couple weeks have been, quite frankly, very dark and terrible. And I will address some of the reasons why in a later post but for now, I choose to move on and celebrate more joyous things. The little things. It’s the WEEKEND! Happy Friday! Not to steal anything from “Game of Thrones” (which I don’t want anyway), but WINTER IS COMING and I could not be happier. Break out the sweaters, scarves and boots, guys. I am READY. It’s got me in a better mood. Walking the dog in this cooler weather makes me smile. And speaking of joy, shall we also delve into the Friday Favorites? Here we go….
- I finished a fun mystery novel called Crisis . I don’t usually read books like this but it was a lot of fun to try something new. I enjoyed it a lot. Then I started Sally Field’s autobiography which has been full of surprises thus far.
- A friend of mine forwarded me a couple political articles this week that were excellent reads. If you’re inclined and have a few minutes, check these out:
- From The Atlantic: “How to Salvage Congress.”
- From The Concourse: “This is All Donald Trump Has Left.”
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- This recipe from Lindsay at Fit & Awesome for a tasty and healthy “smash cake” is super cute. I know smash cakes are for babies but I want it.
- Amanda (SUCH a great name, by the way), over at A Cookie Named Desire, compiled a stellar list of Hot Chocolate recipes and I’m down to try all of them.
- I don’t buy a lot of movies anymore. I’m all about the streaming. But when I really love or cherish a flick, I do feel a need to own it so I will totally be buying Disney’s Christopher Robin. I had ALL THE FEELS watching that movie. Anyway, Wendy has all the deets on that release. Even though I am a Tigger fangirl, I thought Brad Garrett as Eeyore stole the whole movie. He had me laughing the mostest. (But really, I HEART TIGGER.)
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Here are five reasons why you should still be advertising on Facebook. (Consequently, I would also ask why you stopped?)
- One of my favorite businessmen, Mark Cuban, touts why being nice is still a much-lauded, underrated trait in business.
- Ice T has never had a bagel. EVER. It’s kind of the best thing that’s ever happened to Twitter. Enjoy.
- And now, some PR 101. How to do a public apology by Saturday Night Live:
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I hope you caught the third volume in my continuing series of guides to Millennial vocabulary for the old folks.
- And, also, that you caught my guide to coffee shop etiquette. I am here to help.
- Someone sent me this list of amazing, “ugly,” Hanukkah sweaters. Wanna guess which one I bought?
- AAAAAAAAAH!!!! Do you know who I LOVE? I mentioned this…. I love TIGGER. And I love seeing Jim Cummings doing that voice in person. He delighted me immensely singing the Tigger theme in this interview:
- James Corden’s most famous segment is probably Carpool Karaoke, which I enjoy, but I also LOVE his “Spill Your Guts” segments. His duel with Jon Hamm was hysterical: