The Best of the web
Hooray! Happy Friday! And it’s OSCAR WEEKEND! It’s like my Christmas. I know a lot of people in my industry are jaded by awards season — it’s true that a lot of politics and pandering come into play — but it still takes me back to being a little girl and wishing it were me in the Armani Privé. I love the glamour and the fashion, the host schtick and (some of) the speeches.
I do not, for the record, like the “mani cam” or anything uttered by Giuliana Rancic.
If anyone would like to fill out their own ballot, this is the one I’m using this year; the bloggers at Sugar and Charm have a cute one.
And here’s what’s been amusing me this week.
- First of all, priorities. Here are some new, delicious brunch spots in Los Angeles.
- I liked this piece from LifeHacker: “A Simple Plan To Start Reading More.”
- As I drive a fairly long distance to and from work, Podcasts really get me through. Here’s one a couple of my good friends started and our friendships aside, I really am enjoying it! They have good nerd banter and talk about all the nerd things in Hollywood and beyond I so enjoy. Click here for the Hollywood Picture News.
- The former head of the KKK has endorsed Donald Trump, which is all I needed to read this article about moving to Canada.
- The Simpsons even made a 2:30 short about the nightmare elections.
- On my favorite show, @Midnight With Chris Hardwick,Hardwick cannot mention Donald Trump without giving him a fantastic nickname. And as I was chuckling over a recent one, I wondered if anyone had made a video compilation… Well, of COURSE:
- I thought this was interesting — YouTube is now allowing users to blur parts of their videos. Smart.
- Funko is releasing Golden Girls figures and I’ve really never known joy like this before!!!
Earlier this week….