Welcome “Friday Favorites” devotees and a happy Friday to you from Dante’s Inferno. It is HOT-HOT-HOT in Los Angeles. I know everyone lives here for the weather, among other things, but this is unreasonable and I am not about it. Nor is my dog. Or any rational human being.
It is worth noting that as I wrote this post, I was watching W. Kamau Bell’s Netflix special and it is BRILLIANT. I think listening to him speak made me smarter. So get on that.
WHAT I READ
- Saw that Spotify is opening a regional HQ here in Los Angeles, and that’s pretty cool.
- Honestly, the more I read about Sacha Baron Cohen’s new series, the more I want to watch it. I was actually quite adverse to it previously.
- I started another new book called Providence and it’s so heartbreaking and lovely so far. I always fear picking it up and I have trouble putting it down.
- I was oddly fascinated by this piece about “Dallas” and “Step by Step” star Patrick Duffy’s theater and upscale bar. Who knew?
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Lindsay went to IdeaWorld — it looks like fun, right?!
- My friend Alyssa got her sleeve surgery date and I’m so excited for her! You can follow her journey on her blog.
- Jessica tries to be all tough but check her out being a sweet softy….
- I really enjoyed Oceans 8 but even more so after reading this analysis of it.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- A little PR 101 for y’all – know your audience. I cannot stress this enough.
- IHOb is back to regular ol’ IHOP and the world breathed a collective sigh of relief. Or they ceased caring one way or the other because no one was going there for burger, amiright???
- Twitter got savage about fake accounts, which is a good thing, but it’s gonna disappoint some of y’all who’ve been paying for your followers. Don’t avoid eye contact — I know who you are.
- Instagram added an “AMA” (ask me anything) type feature and people are using the hell out of it already. CALM DOWN.
- Mashable has called out how awesome Britney Spears’ Instagram is. They are not wrong. She’s a delight.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- So…. I was interviewed. I’m not crazy about the piece, to be candid, however the feedback has been flattering and you may read it if you wish. 😉
- I tortured myself by trying to watch Justice League. It’s so, so bad. Affleck is terrible. This version of The Flash? Terrible. Everyone is terrible. As such, I sought out the Honest Trailer for the film, which I enjoyed a zillion times more than the movie.
- I saw a beautiful independent film called Hearts Beat Loud that I can’t recommend enough. I am also addicted to its soundtrack.
- Obviously this movie was made for me:
- As was Christopher Robin. Did you know I’m a ginormous Tigger fan? Any chance I get to see him, I’m in. And this looks adorable: