Before we tackle the Friday Favorites, a funny story, if you’ll; indulge me…. On Wednesday morning, I was walking my dog to the doggy daycare that is a couple blocks away. It’s just a couple blocks, cross a street, and there we are; then I turn around and walk home alone. On this morning, on my way back, a loud man in a black car with tinted windows rolled down a window to shout, “HEY! HEY YOU!”
“Me?” I asked, pointing to myself.
“Yes, you. You walked by a few minutes ago. Didn’t you have A DOG???”
“Oh, shit!” I replied. “I wonder where he is!”
I kept walking. And I’d like to think I screwed up his whole day. Him wondering where the hell I left my dog. As if it’s any of his business. What a creeper. And so, onward….
WHAT I READ
- The New York Times profile of Tom Hanks this week was absolutely lovely and you should read it because it will make everything better.
- Esquire Magazine listed the best new restaurants of 2019 and it was cool to see quite a few LA spots on the list, including a sushi place in Sherman Oaks I now need to try.
- Nicolas Cage is going to star in a movie AS NICOLAS CAGE. This is PEAK MAXIMUM CAGE. (Can you tell I am excited? I love his crazy.)
- And BTW, do you guys remember the SNL “Get in the Cage” bit? I loved these…..
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Every week I contribute to the Hollywood Picture News’ movie trailer scrutiny and this week was especially enjoyable.
- I found this recipe for Pumpkin Soup and am dying to make it. Doesn’t it look just gorgeous?!
- Ella Dawson wrote a beautiful piece: “You Deserve a Partner who Texts You Back.” Read it here.
- Guys. I am captivated by this sandwich demonstration:
Let me show you a magic trick. pic.twitter.com/YddCWNt0gP— taylor (@playneck) September 18, 2019
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- Spotted this backpack on Instagram. What do we think? Cute or cheap-looking? I could go either way.
- P.S. I also want this poncho. Can I pull it off?
- SNL put every Stefon moment ever on YouTube in five parts. This made me so happy! I LOVE STEFON. I made a playlist. Enjoy.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- A charming short film I am working on got a nice review here!
- Variety profiled Danny Huston, my friend and former client, here and it’s a lovely piece.
- The FTC released a packet for social media influencers — will they enforce it appropriately? Doubtful. Sigh.
- Dolly Parton’s “Heartstrings” are coming to Netflix and I am here for all of it. She’s a treasure.