I know, I know. Friday Favorites on a Saturday afternoon?! What gives?
Well, all day yesterday I tried to carve out 30 minutes to draft my “favorites” of the week for you but I failed. I guess it’s only fair that during the waking hours my job comes first. The day of work lead into an evening at home doing more work, lead into packing, going to bed early and then ultimately, getting p early today to attend a blogging conference in Temecula. (Oh. By the way. Greetings from BLOGGY BOOTCAMP!)
WHAT I READ
- Science is doing me a solid — it has confirmed I am a genius. Find out why.
- I have not seen Baby Driver yet, but I really want to. I was tickled when prestigious entertainment Editor Peter Bart analyzed the film’s musicality against the backdrop of my company’s documentary, SCORE.
- Cheesecake Factory has unveiled…. WAIT FOR IT…. A FUNFETTI CHEESECAKE.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- I had never heard of the website, The Grommet. Am I the last to know? Someone spoke about it at the conference this morning. I WANT TO BUY ALL THE THINGS.
- Carolyn’s husband’s late Uncle was one of the most prominent theme park designers and she uncovered an old interview of his — it was fascinating!
- Jen discusses the fine line between getting attention and being called to attention.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I had an absolutely exquisite, savory brunch at Kismet.
- USA Today premiered the trailer for California Typewriter, a new documentary I am working on. You might recognize some of the up and coming talent….
- Doug Fernandez of KOAT 7 in Albuquerque gave up. Watch:
- At a Green Day concert in Europe, before the show began, the crowd sang “Bohemian Rhapsody” in unison and it’s rather stunning:
- This dog just needs a break. I feel you, dude.