I don’t mind telling you all that I am one tired lady right now. In the middle of launching a theatrical documentary as well as several more “day and date” titles (those are films that come out in theaters and on demand on the same day) and it’s a LOT! But I’m also having a blast and it’s been a crazy and rewarding week.
WHAT I READ
- My company’s exciting film, Score: A Film Music Documentary, is getting great reviews all over and it’s blowing our minds. We were the New York Times Critics Pick!
- If you ever do the drive from LA to Vegas, read this list of great restaurants to try along the way. I’ve been to Peggy Sue’s Diner, which is a lot of fun!
- Rudolph’s Bar & Tea looks like a place I wanna hang out in. Don’tcha think?
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- A downtown restaurant, that I personally do not care for, embarrassed themselves with an incident involving an influencer.
- We Are Midlife recommends wide leg pants — I am so happy they’re back.
- I always love Chris’ end-of-the-week lists! Here’s her latest.
- Melissa’s recipe for Pesto Bites looks DELICIOUS!
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I was working on my personal brunch database (oh yes, I have one) — I had to add The Topanga Table.
- NBC 4 came to our special advanced screening of SCORE on Wednesday night!
- I threw a spotlight on some restaurants offering up amazing Father’s Day brunches over at Hollywood Brunch on Instagram.
- Ice T is helping Sonic sell Iced Teas and I think the commercial is hilarious!
- I don’t watch Angie Tribeca, but now I may need to.
- Is anyone else watching FUNDERDOME? I think the name is pretty stupid and the prizing mechanic is kind of lame, but I love seeing new inventions and entrepreneurs. So far my favorite idea is the Airhook:
- I’ll leave you with this bit. Dear Evan Hansen took home a lot of Tony Awards on Sunday and deservedly so. The show is beautiful. From the same composers who wrote La La Land, by the way. The cast’s performance of “Waving Through the Window” was stunning and when star Ben Platt won his “Best Actor” award, he said something that has stuck with me ever since: