Happy new year, everybody! I think we can all agree 2017 was the worst and so I have no choice but to conclude this year can only be BETTER. Seems sound, right? If 2010 was “The Year of Suck” (that’s what I always refer to it as), then I hereby proclaim 2017 as “The Year of the Dumpster Fire.” You’re welcome. But I am still bookmarking odds and ends for these “Friday Favorites” and here is 2018: Chapter One for you.
WHAT I READ
- If ever you wondered about the difference between “gangster” and “gangsta,” Jeopardy has you covered. Sort of.
- A myriad of Broadway stars are getting TV specials in 2018 and I am here for it.
- This exchange between Sarah Silverman and a so-called Twitter troll is rather special.
- A look back at all of the Chrises in 2017.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Amy published her best concert photos of 2017 and it’s a beautiful collection.
- Jessica reflects on the idiocy and danger of Logan Paul. A must-read.
- Raquel has compiled a cornucopia of chili recipes and YUM!
- Hudson & Emily took off to visit all 50 states. Their time in California made ME want to visit California — and I live here.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- The trailer for Patrick Melrose came out and it looks fabulous. I love Benedict Cumberbatch.
- I gave away some pizza. Fresh Brothers is delicious and congrats to the winner, Lindsay!
- The BRUNCHIES hath been awarded! Get a look at all the winners here.
- How did YOU say good-bye to 2017? Well, I rode a mother-effing camel in the desert. And it was AMAZING.
- YOU GUYS. The Animaniacs are COMING BACK. I am SO EXCITED. In tribute, enjoy my all-time favorite segment, “Yakko’s World” featuring the incredible voice stylings of Rob Paulsen:
- And one more thing, speaking of Dumpster Fires, this nonsense about “Fire and Fury” is astounding. So watch the video of the author, Michael Wolff, on ‘TODAY’ this morning and that is all.
- And because I refuse to end on that note, here:
“You’re hooooome! How was the flight!?” pic.twitter.com/VkzgKEzHZC
— Fluff Society (@FluffSociety) January 5, 2018
What a great way to start the year! We can only hope for a better 2018 because I don’t like Cheetos. Thank you for the should out AJ! Checking out your round up and wishing you an awesome new year!