Summer is almost gone. I mean, in California, is it ever? But I am ready for this nasty, hot-ass weather to be GONE. I am over it. I am from here and I have just never enjoyed our faux-seasonal calendar. I like a good FALL. A cold WINTER. So there. I’ve been hard at work all Summer long and find myself fantasizing about beaches and islands and hammocks these days. But the truth is, I’ve never been good at sitting still and I masochistically enjoy being an insane work-a-holic. So just ignore me when I bitch about how tired I am. (But don’t because I really love sympathy and attention.)
WHAT I READ
- My friend Cassandra published a children’s book and IT. IS. DELIGHTFUL. You should get it for your kid, niece, nephew, etc.
- Matthew McConaughey is going to start teaching at UT Austin. The students can now major in “L-I-V-I-N.”
- I read this really great piece about Huda Fahmy from Houston, Texas, the illustrator and author behind “Yes I’m Hot in This,” a hilarious and educational book about life as an American Muslim woman who wears a hijab.
- Silver Lake is one of my favorite LA Neighborhoods and I love this restaurant list.
- Chris Evans stopped a Comic Con panel so he could PET A DOG. BECAUSE HE IS PERFECT. (I meant to post this earlier but am just not getting to it. Nevertheless, ENJOY.)
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- OMG – this recipe from SpoonForkBacon for Grilled Flatbreads Topped with Peach Prosciutto, and Burrata.
- While I’m at it, this recipe from A Couple Cooks for a whipped feta dip that looks absolutely lick-able.
- My smart friend, Jessica, explained her stance on the LA City restaurant surcharge that I think is bullshit and a needless nuisance on any check I see it on.
- Becky got to sneak a peak at The Goldfinch, a movie I am very curious about. I never read the book but do know most of the story…. Should be an awards-season contender, I’d think.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- Cory Booker-face reminded me a lot of Earthquake-face. I’m still laughing about it. Both.
- Somehow pickle pizza trended. Would you eat it?
- Do I need this Bulldog candy dish? No. But I want it.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- A good article to read if you’re at all concerned with disclosures and that annoying little FCC “#ad” policy.
- Sometimes Reddit is just the best.
- I’ve added some new links to my professional portfolio but am particularly proud of booking one of my clients on Marc Maron’s podcast.
- Someone is spilling the tea on common influencer complaints. Totally worth a look.
- I had never seen The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Now I have and I am forever changed.
Leave a Comment