Quarantine. Day… I don’t know anymore. But it’s almost OCTOBER. How did we get here? We’ve spent more than half of 2020 in Quarantine and I don’t know that anyone is enjoying it. It has obviously been some time since I’ve felt like writing anything here but I am just a bit twitchy today, so here we are. I have still been keeping bookmarks for you but don’t worry, I am not about to load “Friday Favorites” with pages and pages of content; just the good stuff for you, my friends, even though it’s not Friday today at all. WHAT I READ AND WATCHED
- I read this every Fall and it never ever ceases to make me hysterical with laughter.
- Every other Friday or so, I join with some friends at Hollywood Picture News and make some streaming recommendations. I love it because not only do I get to share my own recommendations, but I inevitably end up with five more things to watch via my friends’ suggestions.
- Would you… cook something in the DISHWASHER? I read this with my jaw hanging open.
- Are you aware of the “Buy Nothing” project? Here’s a great article on it. I just love my local group.
- Whenever I see one of these “listicles,” my mind is blown.
BLOGGERS & SMALL BUSINESSES
- The Curvy Fahionista has launched a plus shopping directory – genius.
- If you’re local, I recommend Lady & Larder for a little indulgence and Natty Pours for a little indulgence to wash it down.
- I love Henry Masks if you are still looking for a more comfortable fit.
- Emily McDowell makes the cutest greeting cards and I’m going to buy some up to send out to friends!
- I’ve become an even bigger Etsy fan lately!
- One of my favorite ways to decorate my home seasonally is with a cute wreath on my door. I got one from Chloe’s Craft Closet for Halloween.
- The Painted Mouse is on a break right now but keep an eye out — her Disney crafts are so cute. Follow her Instagram, too.
- I remain a fan of Lizz’s creativity at PewPewLasercaft.
- This is SO cute. Frame a floor plan from your favorite TV show set. (I was thinking about ordering one from “The Golden Girls” and then two dear friends sent me one!)
EARLIER THIS MONTH
- Two of my good friends launched newsletters and courses to teach you about social media, marketing and personal branding. Check out LTM Digital and Chris Lam. Now is a great time to get educated.
- I was on a podcast! To discuss LITERATURE! Who saw that coming?!
- A friend and I took our pups to the dog beach and it was a joy! I can’t wait to go again.
- The Sweet Life of Steve is a cute, new web series my friend Jason at Icon vs. Icon tipped me off to.
- Did you catch Ryan Reynolds’ commercials for Mint Mobile? Very enjoyable.
- My “comfort food” on YouTube is showtunes. So here are a couple remarkable, beautiful projects that have come together during Quarantine.
Leave a Comment