When this whole Quarantine Life began, I had a profound sensitivity to any statement akin to “2020 is the worst year ever.” My father passed away in 2019, and it is impossible to imagine anything being worse than that, so every time I’d hear a jab at 2020, I wanted to shout “IT IS NOT THE WORST THING EVER, I SWEAR.” But at this later point, while I’m not at all willing to concede anything is worse than my 2019, I have developed a better sense of humor about it. I mean, this really, really is a SHIT year. The Pandemic, the election, the unbelievable stress and agony of it all. No one could plan for this. Murder hornets? Dino-gators? Whatever. You’re not gonna scare me with mutated insects and amphibians now, 2020. Kiss off. And BTW, a warning, if you need: Lots of politics in this post. #SorryNotSorry. WHAT I READ AND WATCHED
- It’s time for everyone to get on the same page about Melania. I thought this piece was poignant. She does not deserve anyone’s pity or sympathy.
- Found this through a friend and it’s a very cool website – check out Political Playlist which is bi-partisan and aggregates info/news for you taking the next generation of political leaders into consideration, which is SUPER important with our aged political system.
- I, along with the rest of social media, fell in love with Netflix series “The Queen’s Gambit.” I then went down a long, long rabbit hole of relevant content and loved this New York Times piece. Did you know they have a chess columnist?!
- Another smart journalist, this time for Variety, broke down Trump’s breakdown. A very good read.
- And P.S., I cannot wait for Trump to lose all his protections. His Twitter account will be on watch.
- We all know about Four Seasons Total Landscaping by now, yes? I’ll be hanging onto that gem for a long, long time, kids.
EARLIER THIS MONTH
- I bought this fleece-lined hoodie from Aerie and it is my new favorite thing. I got black because that was easy but now I want it in EVERY color. But how many hoodies is too many? I own a lot….
- One of my favorite people in the upcoming administration is our new Second Gentleman.
Such a small thing – and I know *he* didn't run for anything – but that @DouglasEmhoff is Jewish and went to my high school makes me so weepy for some reason. I feel a swell of pride.— AJ Feuerman (@ajfeuerman) November 8, 2020
- Another successful beach day in the books. We really love it. It’s a perfect Quarantine Life activity. Except when Neville got a little too much feels for freedom and made me chase him way down the beach. Then I did not enjoy. My dog is adorable and smart AF but he can be a little devil.
- The giddiness apparent in this video of Kamala Harris calling Joe Biden is so endearing.
- For all my fellow Hamil-stans, they original Broadway case made this really cool video pre-election, that I am still enjoying:
- Sean Connery and Alex Trebec’s passings were so sad, of course, but it send me down a video spiral of SNL Jeopardy parodies. God, these were funny.