Quarantine Life, Day 3,976,210. Well, truthfully, for me, it’s day 70. 70 DAYS! 10 WEEKS! My goodness. I have not touched another human being in that time. No hugs, high fives, handshakes…. I have not been to a movie theater nor eaten at a restaurant… It is so strange how this new normal has become our reality and, frankly, even more strange to me that so many people are still resistant to any precautions when the alternative to it is basically being deathly ill. But if any side effect of this Quarantine brought me comfort, it’s that deleting some misguided Facebook “friends” was suddenly easy.
Not a ton to share this day but onward….
- Twitter is a gift and sometimes you just wanna read silly stuff like this and laugh.
- So here in California, universities will no longer require the SAT or ACT. I had exceptional grades and curriculars but I’ve never been great at standardized test so I’m sorta happy for all the current and future students.
BLOGGERS & SMALL BUSINESSES
- I’m so into this jewelry designer. Anyone wanna spot me a few hundred bucks?
- For far less money, you can buy some really cute stickers from this Etsy shop.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- Skittles shared a pretty amazing initiative for Pride Month. Good on them.
- I baked a chocolate chip banana bread in the slow cooker! It was so delicious. Here’s the recipe and you should totally give it a try.
- The many casts of Hairspray put this together and it is an absolute JOY.
- President Obama gave a commencement speech and nailed it.