Who says June has to be gloomy? Every morning I wake up to overcast skies but by afternoon, it’s sunny and beautiful. The weather’s been perfect and I am loving it. I am also happy to share that I did not have to testify before a half-senile Senate committee this week, which is more than I can say for some people….
WHAT I READ
- The Alamo Drafthouse movie theater chain is finally setting up shop here in Los Angeles. They show such diverse films and have a great brand so I am excited as all get out for this.
- 30 years later, these Playboy models recreated their cover photos. It is EPIC. Kudos to you, ladies. You’re badasses.
- Did you know there are some RIDICULOUS secret menu items at Disneyland? I had no idea. Let’s get on that, guys. Because ICE. CREAM. NACHOS.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- As part of Google’s “Be Internet Awesome Program” they have built Interland, an online world to teach kids the dos and don’ts of using the web. Pretty awesome indeed.
- Over at The Player’s Tribune, my favorite all-time catcher, Jorge Posada, wrote a letter to his younger self. It’s lovely. What would you say to ten-year-old you?
- Melissa shared the recipe for the perfect, fluffy white cake. YUM! She also shared a recipe for the perfect chocolate chip cookies. Basically, she’s doing the lord’s work.
- Carolyn took her family to Seattle and as it’s one of my favorite cities in the world, I loved her recap and travel tips!
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I saw WONDER WOMAN. I was afraid it wouldn’t live up to the hype. But it did.
- I signed up for a volunteer orientation for Wags n’ Walks. I may regret it. I love dogs and I love recue dogs, but I don’t love that I cannot take them all home with me. But they are opening up an adoption center in West LA and need our support!
- I bookmarked this restaurant – FELIX. I do not remember where I saw it or read about it, but ya know, looks delicious…. right?
- Carpool Karaoke is always a hit — this one with Ed Sheeran might be one of my favorites ever.
- Jimmy Kimmel’s mean tweets are also always hilarious. Here’s the fifth edition of his NBA mean tweets:
- These puppies. I want to steal them.
Yay!! Thanks for the shout out 🙂 it’s not the lords work as some of the food is a bit sinful 🙂