I’ve been having the hardest time sleeping this week and as a result, yesterday, I spent the majority of the day rather useless; slumped over on the couch dozing off or completing jigsaw puzzles on my iPhone. I did manage stretches of work here and there but yeah — mostly I was a lazy sloth. So today, as penance, I am trying to be a little more productive…. and I can’t say it’s going very well, but ya know, the day is still young. And in any case, at least you’re all getting a blog post out of me.
WHAT I READ
- Lance Bass has questionable taste in brunch. I can deal with Estrella and Laurel Hardware, but I am not having Poke for brunch anytime soon and I don’t have the patience to wait in line at Sweet Butter anymore. And I refuse to step foot in The Abbey because I am over 30 and don’t enjoy getting roofied.
- Imagine Dragons lead singer Dan Reynolds has a documentary going to Sundance that I think looks fascinating.
- This scientist wants to bring “Star Trek Values” to Congress.
- Instagram is testing some new features. I am excited about them. Twitter is also testing a new feature — a “save for later” function.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Kara’s Party Ideas shared this adorable Mary Poppins themed party for a baby that I am convinced would translate well for me.
- If you are coming to my home for the holidays, please know I will be serving this boozy cider. And/or this black forest hot chocolate.
- And speaking of boozy, do check out Lizz’s clever advent calendar that I am determined to convert to some kind of Hanukkah commemoration.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- My holiday gift guides are rolling out. Check out my book recommendations and my gift guide for brunch lovers.
- I saw two beautiful movies. Lady Bird and Call Me By Your Name. Both unique and truly special films though I would go as far as stating Call Me By Your Name may be in my top five films of all time.
- I listen to the same morning show EVERY DAY. If I don’t, I catch the podcast later. I am kind of a known fangirl for it. But at the top of the week, the new station owners fired my favorite personality from said show, Ralph Garman, and I am having a rather strong reaction to it. By Friday, I couldn’t turn the show on at all. I hope it passes — I do like the other people on the show — and I am kind of caught off guard by having this visceral reaction to it.
As you just heard on-air, we're sad to report that @RalphGarman has announced that today is his last day as part of the Kevin & Bean morning show. We’re grateful for all he has done for us and our program, and wish him all the best.
— Kevin & Bean Show (@kevinandbean) November 30, 2017
- I am rather obsessed with P!nk’s single, “Beautiful Trauma.” The video is GLORIOUS.
- Jimmy Kimmel took on Senator Ray Moore and it is also GLORIOUS. He holds zero punches.
- Last one, so I can leave you with a chuckle. The Raptors stadium cam caught Drane enjoying a grapefruit Perrier. His reaction is delightful.