The Best of the web
What’s In My Pocket Friday? Well, I’ll be honest with you. I’m turning 37 on Sunday and I’m not feeling particularly great about it. But all of that is offset by the fact that “Captain America: Civil War” is out this weekend. It’s pretty hard to be bummed out when you get to sit in a dark room and watch Chris Evans in high definition 3D for two and a half hours.
So basically, I’m calling it a draw and declaring that my life doesn’t suck. And on that note, here are some things that also do not suck…. (I AM THE MASTER OF SEGUES!)
- First, and most important, this post from Donald Trump brought me so, so much joy. I think I giggled to myself for a good 90 minutes. Surely now that Trump has eaten a taco bowl, EVERYTHING IS OKAY AGAIN. (Even his food has a wall. Who do you think paid for it?)
- There is a magical “nap bar” in Dubai. I wonder when that trend will make it’s way here….
- There are eleventy billion outdoor movie venues in Los Angeles. Here’s a list of all of them. You’re welcome.
- Also, this post about hot guys holding dogs IS ALL THAT MATTERS.
- Heather posted a very easy-to-follow “Chocolate Chip Cannoli Cones” recipe! Looks yummy!
- Carolyn sent me a Golden Girls coloring page. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I will be doing this in my office today, no doubt.
- I saw a couple of great posts about Mother’s Day gift ideas. Here’s one from Chris, and one at Forces of Geek.
- I’ve been rewatching “West Wing” on Netflix. I still love that show so much. So I was excited when Allison Janney and Bradley Whitford appeared on the same episode of The Late Late Show — AND did this:
- Jimmy Kimmel also made me chuckle this week — with this video about Sarah Palin and her theories on climate change:
That seems like a good place to stop. With laughter.
Have a lovely weekend!
Leave a Comment