Happy Friday, y’all! I sent out the annual holiday e-card this week. Wanna see?
And on with……!
WHAT I READ
- I worship at a shrine dedicated to Nora Ephron. And I love the movie You’ve Got Mail. Here’s a great piece from the NY Post about how that film made New York a romcom star.
- Thrillist revealed their list of Best New Restaurants this year.
- Buzzfeed combined THE GOLDEN GIRLS with DISNEY PRINCESSES. Amazing.
- Support local, independent bookstores! This article features 61 of them.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Aimee has holiday playlists for every mood!
- I’ve been enjoying the unboxing of all of Agency Guacamole’s holiday gifts on Instagram.
- Ah, the joys of marriage and glitter.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I am now a BRUNCH JOURNALIST. My first article for LAist went live. Check it out!
- Lin Manuel Miranda played with a puppy whilst doing an interview. This is how all press should go.
- This experience warmed my heart.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- A genius stunt for the holidays, Popeye’s sold “emotional support chicken” for travelers.
- The Daily Mail ran a terrific interview with the subject of a documentary I handled PR for.
- Sigh. Instagram influencers are posting – GASP! – fake sponsored content. Read about it.
- Forbes suggests some tactics to step up your social game in 2019.
- A little “Spill Your Guts” from James Corden with Will Ferrell. So disgusting and so entertaining.
- I also very much enjoyed Corden’s parody of “Thank U Next,” THANK YOU JEFF. Because Jeff Goldblum.