GIFTS FOR COMFORT
My strong desire for super comfy things may stem from the fact that I work from home now. But who knows. Why shouldn’t I – and everyone else – want things to be comfortable, soft and luxurious? So this holiday gift guide volume includes some gift suggestions along those lines. And don’t forget to use eBates when you shop online! You would not believe how much money I earn back. It’s a marvelous little plugin.
1. Madewell Beanies – I love a soft beanie cap. My favorites I own are all Madewell and you can go less expensive for the cuffed beanie at just $35 or get a little upscale with their cashmere beanie at $68. For what it’s worth, I am presently wearing the “cheap” one and it’s lovely.
2. Jammies – I am OBSESSED with PJ Salvage pajamas but the trick is, wait til you find them at Nordstrom Rack or Nordstrom has them on sale because otherwise, they can be a little pricey. I really only need the pants, so I have been known to pop for those at full price around $50. But also, my newer obsession is anything Aerie by American Eagle. I just bought these uber soft joggers in three colors because they’re on sale for $15!
3. Leith Waffle Scarf – OMG, guys. This scarf is on sale for $9 (was: $32)! GO GET IT. I enjoy a nice, light scarf for our California “winter” season. I don’t need a sweaty neck, but I love to be a little snuggly. And it’s such a fun accessory. I own a ton of scarves. It’s a choice.
4. UGET Oversized Sweater – This is one of those random Amazon finds from an overseas seller that I’ve now purchased in two colors. It’s $16.98 and totes a Prime purchase so you don’t have to wait long for it. Comes in 20 different colors! (SURPRISE – I do not own it in black. Yet.)
5. Pudus Cozy Socks – I discovered these babies ($24.99) on Oprah’s Favorite Things list a couple years ago (and, truth be told, ordered them while under the influence of painkillers during a hospital stay). They are so damned soft inside, you will just live in them.
6. Society6 Custom Pillows – I love supporting Society6, an online home to hundreds of thousands of artists from around the globe, uploading and selling their original works as 30+ premium consumer goods from art prints to throw blankets. They have hundreds and hundreds of fun pillows, some with sassy sayings on them that will make any gift recipient smile. (Prices vary.)
7. Harney & Sons Tea – Is anything more comforting on a cold, winter morning than a cup of hot tea? On mornings like that, I love a cup of English Breakfast, with just a bit of sweetner and some honey. I love to give Harney teas as gifts. They look so lovely in their tins. ($8.50 for a tin of 20 sachets.)
8. Ugg Grace Reversible Throw – Protip: The only place you can get this $99 blanket is Bed, Bath & Beyond so grab your 20% off coupons and get going. I will just be over here, secretly hoping someone will buy it for me. It’s so soft. I don’t need another blanket. I just really, really want it….!
Leave a Comment