In this “Friday Favorites: Thanksgiving Edition” you will find the usual outline of my favoritest things but with the prevailing theme of profound gratitude. I have so, so much to be thankful for this year and couldn’t let the week end without sharing.
WHAT I READ
- Shannen Doherty is doing amazing work with animal rescue in the aftermath of the California wildfires.
- Read how newly elected Congresswoman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, is using Instagram Stories to lift the veil on Congress. She’s amazing.
- The Grinch billboards have brought me laughter all month long.
- Here come the holiday gift guides! The New York Times put theirs up. And of course, Oprah revealed this year’s “favorite things.”
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- My friend Raquel shared this delicious recipe for beer-bacon-cheddar bites. I WANT IT.
- GIRL POWER! Socialfly’s Stephanie Cartin and Courtney Spritzer are launching a podcast to help women boost their businesses.
- My friend Jessica has been an awesome resource of information on Twitter these last few weeks. I appreciate it.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- The CEO and Founder of TOMS made a stunning, beautiful, wonderful announcement on the Tonight Show. WATCH THIS:
— Fallon Tonight (@FallonTonight) November 20, 2018
- I hurt my left ankle. Somehow my Achilles’ Tendon is severely inflamed. When this happens, there is a high risk for tearing and I guess this is a tendon you don’t wanna mess with. So I am wearing one of those cumbersome boots/walking cast thing for the time being. All that is to say that regardless, this year, I am most thankful for my HEALTH. This time last year, I was very ill and it’s been a long road back.
- My puppy got really sick this week and I am thankful he is all better and back home.
View this post on Instagram
I learned a new feeling today. TERRIFIED MOMMY. Neville gave me a good scare, swallowing part of his squeaker toy and getting quite sick (I will spare you the details). Several hours and two emergency clinics later, we are home and he has no idea anything is wrong and has redeclared my bed as his own. I however feel like I spent a month in that waiting room today and am very grateful he is okay, that my parents dropped everything to come keep me company and to @evyncharles @kellysdogtraining @mndaniels and @walkswithwine for keeping me (mostly) sane.
- I never let a Thanksgiving go by without watching HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS.
- Submitted without commentary:
WHAT ELSE I AM THANKFUL FOR
- My wonderful boyfriend
- An incredible network of friends
- A good brunch – always!
- The most surprising year of my life