In this “Friday Favorites: Thanksgiving Edition” you will find the usual outline of my favoritest things but with the prevailing theme of profound gratitude. I have so, so much to be thankful for this year and couldn’t let the week end without sharing.
WHAT I READ
- Shannen Doherty is doing amazing work with animal rescue in the aftermath of the California wildfires.
- Read how newly elected Congresswoman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, is using Instagram Stories to lift the veil on Congress. She’s amazing.
- The Grinch billboards have brought me laughter all month long.
- Here come the holiday gift guides! The New York Times put theirs up. And of course, Oprah revealed this year’s “favorite things.”
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- My friend Raquel shared this delicious recipe for beer-bacon-cheddar bites. I WANT IT.
- GIRL POWER! Socialfly’s Stephanie Cartin and Courtney Spritzer are launching a podcast to help women boost their businesses.
- My friend Jessica has been an awesome resource of information on Twitter these last few weeks. I appreciate it.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- The CEO and Founder of TOMS made a stunning, beautiful, wonderful announcement on the Tonight Show. WATCH THIS:
— Fallon Tonight (@FallonTonight) November 20, 2018
- I hurt my left ankle. Somehow my Achilles’ Tendon is severely inflamed. When this happens, there is a high risk for tearing and I guess this is a tendon you don’t wanna mess with. So I am wearing one of those cumbersome boots/walking cast thing for the time being. All that is to say that regardless, this year, I am most thankful for my HEALTH. This time last year, I was very ill and it’s been a long road back.
- My puppy got really sick this week and I am thankful he is all better and back home.
- I never let a Thanksgiving go by without watching HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS.
- Submitted without commentary:
WHAT ELSE I AM THANKFUL FOR
- My wonderful boyfriend
- An incredible network of friends
- A good brunch – always!
- The most surprising year of my life