- We have had more shootings than sunrises in 2015.
- In fact, there have been more incidents of terrorist-level gun violence* than days in this year.
- And more people have died in these shootings than there will be days in this year.
- Gun purchases on Black Friday were at a record high.
- I have absolutely no idea how to affect change on this matter.
- It makes me feel sick and it makes me feel helpless.
- But if one more person tells me “now is not the time” to post happy things on social media, I will punch them in the throat. I’m entitled to my coping mechanisms just as much as your crazy Uncle is entitled to his delusional right-wing conspiracy-theory over-the-top opinions.
* – My opinion, I suppose.