- I recently read Andrew McCarthy’s memoir, Brat, and it was really well done. If you’re an 80s kid, I highly recommend it. I also read Oprah’s collab with Bruce Perry, What Happened to You? and it really got me thinking about trauma in a new way. If you can handle some triggering, I recommend that one, too.
- Just this morning I read about these remarkable young women who found out they were all dating the same man. Instead of stewing on it, they turned it into something uniquely positive.
- This small restaurant also spun a negative into a positive. But sheesh, humanity. We’ve got to do better.
- I’m very into this list of amazing ice cream shops in Los Angeles.
- I binged the crap out of “Hacks” and “Mare of Easttown” and therefore am having a wonderful Jeannaissance (Jean Smart is in both series). The Hollywood Reporter is hip to it. The Daily Beast is, too.
- I have been working with a documentary called All Things Bakelite for several weeks and they were live on WGN America today!
- Earlier in the month, a documentary I have been working with off and on for a couple years, was showcased on the TODAY show. I am so dug in with these guys since we’ve all been together so long (and beyond, since I worked on a previous film for them as well) and am so proud.
- I have been out to brunch again! And I’ve also been on a plane more than once. There have been a lot of tasty meals and I’ve been posting more frequently on Hollywood Brunch.
- A couple of respected colleagues, whom I also consider friends, have started terrific newsletters. They are super informative and easy reads. Dare I say, you may even get some quality advice for free from experts in social media marketing.
- Subscribe to Chris Lam’s “Ok, what’s next?” right here. (She also offers a lot of other great, free resources; peep those here.)
- Subscribe to Lia Haberman’s “ICYMI” on Substack.
- I want to try this Pineapple Upside Down Cake/Overnight Oats hybrid. I think.
- If I get myself into a two-bedroom apartment so I can have a proper home office, I will buy this for myself as a housewarming gift.
- I found a puppycam. You’re welcome.
- I, like most of the world, enjoyed the hell out of “Loki” on Disney+ and think everyone needs to pay more attention to the composer, Natalie Holt.
- And this nice lady will ruin nursery rhymes for you…
This TikToker will ruin nursery rhymes for you forever (with https://t.co/jMxlbA4hDT and https://t.co/J0XVUHofzP) pic.twitter.com/h8MAQgQROq— NowThis (@nowthisnews) June 29, 2021