Happy Friday, everybody. One morning this week, I walked my dog in 53 degree weather at 5:45 AM with wind so cold bashing me in the face that I was essentially a human popsicle. Mornings have been hard these days so that dog is lucky he’s adorable and my only “child.” But seriously, is it Spring yet? My allergies seem to think so. I’m pretty over this sneezing nonsense already. But happy to have longer days back.
So much to catch up on!
- Unless you’ve been sleeping under a rock, you’ve read or heard about the college bribery scandal. My friend Jessica articulated her feelings on it extraordinarily well. A good read.
- UH…. I read this interview with the realtor selling the suburban house with the sex room in the basement
- Many, many enjoyable dog posts.
- Alpacas on social media FTW.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- I looooove egg drop soup and am excited to try The Ktchn’s recipe.
- Jessica’s cat brought her a present. You’re welcome.
- I thought this Madeline themed birthday party was positively adorable.
EARLIER THIS MONTH
- My latest piece for LAist is about PIE. I was not sad to get the assignment. Pie is my second favorite meal – after Brunch, of course.
- I watched Abducted in Plain Sight and lord-have-mercy, that is some messed up shiz. Have you seen it?
- I also binged through “Umbrella Academy” and LOVED IT. Klaus is my fave. The kid who plays Number Five is GREAT. And Kate Walsh is gorgeous. Such a fun series.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Get to know these 50 women who are crushing it in the tech start-up space.
- Looks like the fundraising feature that’s been so successful on Facebook is going to live on Instagram soon as well.
- Twitter is rolling out a better way to include photos and video.
- SOCIAL MEDIA CLUB LA is hosting another awesome event – this one about analytics and data. Super important in our field.
- The new Avengers trailer is OUT NOW and it’s fo@#wu!?*-23hgbnjmef9()%!!!!
- Wanna really get into it? Loren wrote a strong break down and this dude dives deep: