Best of the web
Greetings, everybody! I went to two conventions and on one vacation in just the last week so I am a tired, tired lady, but I am also really excited about my next trip — this coming Wednesday! August is insane. Work is insane. I AM INSANE. 😉 But anyway, I had a moment of clarity and suddenly felt twitchy to get a blog post up. And here is the “Best of the Web” I’ve saved in my “pocket” throughout the madness:
- OH MY WORD THE OLYMPICS. Why am I crying so much this year?
- Every time there’s an Olympics, I put together a moving photo tribute. Check it out.
- Just going on record to say that even though I love the games, NBC’s coverage just blows. Get yer shit together, NBC.
- Gold Medal gymnast Simone Biles has a life-sized Zac Efron cut-out. I am jealous.
- This new Under Armour commercial with Michael Phelps gives me ALL THE FEELS! (For added fun, check out the video of his and his fiancee’s reaction to seeing it for the first time.)
- The wicked geniuses at Cards Against Humanity are selling special expansion packs. One for Hillary, one for Donald. All proceeds go to Clinton’s campaign so I do not care which one you buy.
- LAist published a list of the best brunch patios in Los Angeles and it’s a FANTASTIC list. It includes my most favorite brunch spot (Cliff’s Edge) and the one I am currently the most eager to try (Terrine).
- I saw “Suicide Squad” and it’s legitimately one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. There is about an hour of exposition, we get backstory on some characters and not others, the plot is terribly constructed, the climax is not even that climactic, some of the acting is terrible, and so on from there. The Hollywood Picture News touched on it.
- Social Media Club’s August event is going to be a lot of fun! We’re having a debate between in-house, freelance and agency positions. Whose team will you side with? Register here.
Earlier This Week….
- I wrote a post about some new brunches I love.
- I recapped BlogHer 2016, which both sucked and didn’t suck.
- My family lived in a “Manor” and it was awesome. And now I need a vacation to recover from my vacation.