Best of the web
We are boldly going, y’all. The best of the web – Star Trek things for everyone!
The company I work for is distributing the amazing Nimoy “Spock Doc,” “For The Love of Spock.” It’s directed by Adam Nimoy and shines a spotlight on both his famous father and his father’s most iconic role, Mr. Spock. It’s a warm, wonderful, incredibly well made film and I think even non Star Trek fans would love it. It’s been the MOST fun to work on for PR. The feedback has been stellar and as a lifelong Trekkie, it’s all been a personal joy for me as well. If I’ve intrigued you enough, make sure you check your local listings because it’s out TODAY in select theaters. But if you can’t find it, never fear — it’s also available on demand, on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon. Basically ALL THE THINGS.
As yesterday was the actual 50th anniversary of STAR TREK’s initial premiere, there was a TON of nerd-juice for me to drink in yesterday. This is gonna be the NERDIEST POST EVER. Live long and prosper.
- Rick Bentley’s review of my company’s film “For The Love of Spock” is my favorite one because he says it’s a “beautifully crafted salute to a pop culture icon” and it warms my heart. (FYI, it’s 100% on Rotten Tomatoes right now!)
- OMG this Etsy shop! I am geeking out over it.
- Mayim Bialik interviewed Adam Nimoy for her fantastic website, GrokNation. I love this.
- Jason Alexander is also a well known Trekkie. His trivia clip with Mashable is GREAT!
- Variety ran a really nice piece with Star Trek family members recounting their favorite episodes.
- Facebook’s little emoji tribute MADE MY WEEK!
- And my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE THINGS? Of course – “Live Long and Paws-per” from ThinkGeek: