Welcome to the euphoria of Friday — that day of days that drops us all off at the weekend before that mother-effer Monday comes to collect us…. Ever the publicist am I, I wanted to put a new spin on Friday updates and offer up a simpler list, “Friday Favorites.” Broken down for you all below.
WHAT I READ
- An exquisite ode and thank you to New York from baseball icon, Derek Jeter.
- This “Anchor Roundtable” with Savannah Guthrie, Jake Tapper, Gayle King, George Stephanopolous and more on the current state of the news.
- About a this new restaurant, Rossoblu, on Eater LA and it looks divine. I’m ready to try it.
- The Rock wants to run for President someday. He’s not kidding. And frankly, considering what we’re currently facing, I’m not even opposed to it.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- I am super obsessed with “We Are Midlife” on Instagram. Does that mean I’m in my midlife? Probably. I’m too busy enjoying it to care.
- Look, I know it’s a “diaper bag” but I just love a good backpack with a ton of pockets. Chris broke this down so well, I now want to own it.
- Social Media Club is hosting a really awesome Snapchat-focused event this month. Get the details.
- Can we please talk about these Funfetti Cream Pie Cupcakes?!
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- Jessica and I attended “Masters of Taste,” essentially eating our way through the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. I’ve been posting photos on my Hollywood Brunch Instagram account and plan on a more detailed recap soon!
- I also went to the Museum of Ice Cream, and it was AMAZING! They put more tickets on sale today, Los Angeles. Go get ’em!
- As if that’s not enough, I managed a press pass to RuPaul’s DragCon and I really owe you all a dedicated post about that as well. What an incredible experience.
- Anderson Cooper is all of us. Did you see the eye-roll heard round the world?
- Samantha Bee flawlessly broke down the Comey firing on her show this week:
- Speaking of Sam Bee, if you missed the “Daily Show” reunion on Colbert, you missed complete awesomeness.
Thus concludes this very first “Friday Favorites” endeavor. Let me know what you think of the new format in the comments! Thanks in advance.