Do you ever talk out loud while you type? I find that when I am alone at home, working on this stuff, sometimes I speak what I am typing out loud. It’s an old-lady type trait that at first angered me but now kind of makes me laugh. Anyway, just know that as I am typing this, I am saying it out loud to myself. Also, know I am super happy it’s Fall; I can’t wait for the weather to change. Mostly because the heat in Los Angeles lasts til October and my office doesn’t have air conditioning. But I digress!
WHAT I READ
- As it is Fall, it is time for Gourds. This article about them from 2009 is HYSTERICAL. Side note: I made the mistake of covertly reading it during a meeting. And then I died laughing. (Luckily it was a casual group.)
- When her employees go on vacation, Arianna Huffington DELETES THEIR WORK EMAILS. WOW. Who has the balls to do that? Well, I guess she does.
- This great list of brunch spots in Santa Monica which made me think I need to do my own “Best Brunches in ________________” lists!
- Looks like Obama’s chillin’ with Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. You know what those guys are thinking, right? “Not my monkeys, not my circus.”
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- A Cookie Named Desire’s recipe for Brown Butter Banana Cake with Brown Butter Frosting. Because REASONS.
- I’m super into protein pancakes, believe it or not. I love Beyond Frosting’s Banana Walnut Protein Pancake recipe — although for me, I’d have to omit the walnuts.
- And since I seem to be on this random, massive banana kick here, how about this amazing looking chocolate chip banana bread from What’s Gaby Cooking?
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I wrote a review of Hollywood’s 800 Degrees Pizzeria. It’s delicious! And I’m giving away a $25 gift card!
- The Valley Film Festival let me talk to a room full of filmmakers about “The Fine Art of PR for Indie Film.” I don’t know what they were thinking. But if you want to listen to me talk too much and name drop, click here.
- Megyn Kelly’s daytime talk show launched on NBC. Jane Fonda had a rather compelling reaction when Kelly asked her about her plastic surgery….
- I can’t say I know anything about Ugandan politics but boy does their Parliament throw down. An all-out brawl broke out — click to 2:30 if you don’t want to wait, but the crescendo’s not bad either.
- HBO has scheduled the Spielberg documentary for October. I’m pretty excited. What’s your favorite Steven Spielberg movie?