If you enjoy this, I challenge you to do your own “10 Things About Me,” too! What are your “10 Things” — the bits and pieces that connect the dots for your contacts?
I was inspired to do this by my long-time friends and colleagues, Chris and Tara, who noted their contacts were fragmented and had known of them in only bits and pieces. I learned quite a bit about them when they posted their lists and hope you’ll learn something new about me.
And, as Chris says, if we don’t toot our own horns, no one will! Go one and BE YOUR OWN BEST PUBLICIST (something I always say).
- I got my first job at 15, personalizing gifts with puffy paints and markers. I also worked at a dry cleaners not long after.
- I attended the Univeristy of Arizona but transferred to NYU to attend Film School and major in Screenwriting.
- My M.A. Thesis at USC in 2008 was entitled “How Social Media Will Revolutionize Entertainment.”
- I started working with social media in 2006 when I convinced my first entertainment industry employer to get on MySpace.
- I was among the first 1000 users to join TWTTR in 2006.
- I was an Events Coordinator for my Congressional District in 2008 to help elect a Senator named Barack Obama President.
- I speak Hebrew, a little Spanish and really want to learn ASL someday.
- I have handled PR for a lot of non-entertainment clients, including a pilot, a vegan chef, and start-ups in tech and fashion.
- I love to volunteer and spent eight years on the Board of Social Media Club LA and five with B’nai B’rith Youth.
- I started my own agency in January 2018 and have since worked with press in more than 40 countries.