The Best of the web this week!
I save things in my pocket all week long and look forward to sharing the highlights with you every Friday!
Pocket enables users to save something they find online for later. I find it especially handy as a Google Chrome extension — I only have to click a button to immediately save something to my pocket. Once something is saved, the content is visible on any device — phone, tablet, computer, and even offline.
- Helpful: Ultimate guide to social media image sizes
- Did anyone catch Jeff Ross’ latest Comedy Central special? It’s not only funny — it’s actually brilliant.
- I was captivated by the Rachel Dolezal story. Awesomely Luvvie put it perfectly.
- Zookeepers around the world are recreating Chris Pratt “Jurassic World” moments. It is glorious.
- I don’t like to blog about politics but really, the GOP presidential candidate pool is out of control. We’re “this close” to an Oprah situation (please imagine Oprah at the convention podium shouting “YOU GET A PRESIDENT! AND YOU GET A PRESIDENT!….”) Best of all, Donald Trump has done late night hosts everywhere a huge favor by throwing his hat into the ring.
- A comprehensive guide to all of the best cookies in Los Angeles.
- Have you heard of this? “MasterClass” offers amazing online courses – yours to download an keep for a reasonable price – by teachers like Dustin Hoffman, Serena Williams, James Patterson and Usher. Who doesn’t want to learn “The Art of Performance” from Usher?
- Channing Tatum did a Reddit AMA (“Ask Me Anything”) and it was fantastic. Among the many revelations he offered were Matt Bomer’s eyes being made of “dreams and rainbows and amazingness” and that he absolutely loves Chili’s chicken crisps (I don’t blame him – they’re delicious).
- SNL Head Writer Colin Jost has a little twitter feud with Time Warner Cable and it even earned press coverage. But I felt oddly proud since I follow Jost and actually watched it go down live. In fact….
Earlier This Week….
- I had a Churro Ice Cream Sandwich for lunch.
- I confessed some Twitter pet peeves.
- The selfie stick won me over.
- I had amazing sushi at Kifune in Venice.
- A movie called “Stealing Cars” blew me away at LA Film Fest.