The Best of the web this week!
I save things in my pocket all week long and look forward to sharing the highlights with you every Friday!
Pocket enables users to save something they find online for later. I find it especially handy as a Google Chrome extension — I only have to click a button to immediately save something to my pocket. Once something is saved, the content is visible on any device — phone, tablet, computer, and even offline.
- This recipe for BROWN BUTTER ICE CREAM SANDWICHES sent me into another stratosphere.
- I saw Magic Mike XXL last night with a hoard of friends. It was everything I needed it to be. This review is fabulous but be warned it has spoilers.
- A great list from Thrillist – 22 Essential LA Apps.
- Thrillist also broke down some stellar new restaurants and bars that just opened in LA.
- I caught this video of Wil Wheaton discussing his struggles with anxiety disorder and depression. I thought it was authentic and wonderful. Snaps to the former Mr. Crusher.
And HEY! It’s Independence Day Weekend so here’s a special section dedicated to the upcoming Presidential Election!
- There are approximately eleventy billion people running for President and my favorite changes daily based on what idiot moment is trending in the news.
- Ted Cruz thought his horrible Simpsons impressions would serve him well — Jon Stewart thought differently. I’m clearly going to have to record The Daily Show every night now.
- Bobby Jindal, who announced his candidacy via nanny cam, had an embarrassing Twitter Q&A.
- Donald Trump is basically pissing everyone off. Like, everyone. He’s second in the GOP poll but with more than a dozen candidates diluting the survey population, who gives a shit?
- Marco Rubio is selling… (wait for it)… MARCO POLOS. Ted Cruz totally missed an opportunity to brand his coozies as CRUZIES, you guys. #FAIL