It’s too hot for words this week. This month. This Summer. Climate change deniers, you can kiss my….. well, you know where to find it. I have learned now that having a dog means I don’t get to stay inside all day with my sweet, sweet A/C. The pup needs to be walked. But sunblock is my new BFF. Also this goofy little fan I bought to plug into my iPhone! But onto the Friday Favorites:
WHAT I READ
- There is a slow-but-steady renaissance happening here in Los Angeles, downtown, where a lot of the old buildings are being purchased and renovated. Apple is doing a pretty cool thing with the old Tower Theater.
- Would you see a movie starring Margot Robbie, Charlize Theron and Nicole Kidman? I WOULD.
- My friend Meghan took me to Crossroads, a vegetarian restaurant, and I am IN LOVE. So I liked this article listing some other fantastic veggie spots around town.
- Here are 22 things you probably didn’t know about Walt Disney World.
- And here are some pretty unique hotels. I’d like to visit all of them.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Pinch of Yum’s recipe for fried chicken sandwiches has me feeling ALL THE FEELINGS. OMIGOD. These looks SO GOOD.
- Not to mention A Beautiful Mess posted this recipe for chocolate covered cherry cookies. I am not a chocolate person but I do have a weakness for it with cherry anything.
- These savvy ladies are launching a female-focused podcasting network. I am here for it.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook is making navigating their app a little more personal. It’s a smart idea. Personally, I never use the marketplace — I don’t need that on my nav bar. But I’d love faster access to some other things I frequent.
- Buzzfeed is launching a “real news” website. I sure hope they will not include “listicles.”
- How about a list of Instagram hacks? These articles usually underwhelm me but this one is actually pretty strong.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- The Boston Globe profiled one of my clients, a docu-series called “We the People.” It anchors this column.
- I saw the movie Blindspotting. It was AMAZING. So unique. Go see it.
- Uh…. Netflix announced a new series. Starring Tony Danza and Josh Groban. I mean, if that pairing does’t grab you….
- This dog who stole a GoPro is pretty much the reason the GoPro was invented. If you don’t smile and/or laugh watching this, there is no hope for you, I’m sorry.
This dog stole a GoPro and created the perfect ad for GoPro. pic.twitter.com/EETwarzcSi
— Henry Fraser (@henryfraser0) July 29, 2018