Last weekend, I traveled to the far and distant land (anything more than 20 minutes away is “far and distant” in Los Angeles) of Yucaipa to pick apples with friends at the Willowbrook Orchard. It was absolutely delightful despite hot weather and long lines. It’s not something I would have ventured out to do a year ago, but about 115 pounds later, I like being outdoors more often and no longer worry about passing out from the simple “burden” of breathing. It’s not without hiccups (I did have to take a beat during the day to catch my breath and get some water rather urgently) but it’s still a lot of growth for me from which I derive more pride than I ever thought I would feel.
- Well, not read, but found… Someone published this “Push Trump off a cliff” thing that cracks me up. Someone on my Facebook page commented that it wasn’t cool — I replied that being a racist and misogynist is not cool but that this amused me.
- This woman takes selfies with men who catcall her to make an important point.
- Food critic Jonathan Gold released “100 Best Restaurants.” This is my porn.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Fit & Awesome got to sample True Food Kitchen’s new Fall menu. Looks delicious!
- Speaking of delicious, how about Black Out Waffle Cone Cannoli with Sweet Cherry Pastry Cream? Done.
- The Curvy Fashionista just crushed it this week. Loved every post this week so I’m just linking to her.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I enjoyed compiling a list of my favorite news e-newsletters. Did you catch it?
- I went to another Hanson concert. It was the best one yet. Don’t judge me — they are AWESOME.
- Here’s my crew before we went into the Orchard. Apples ahoy!
- Patrick Stewart also went apple picking, so you know it’s cool. How do you like dem apples?!
I've been picking apples in the autumn since before it was cool to post about it on Instagram. pic.twitter.com/9hJLCwV6Fc
— Patrick Stewart (@SirPatStew) October 22, 2017
- I wanted to be at the Linkin Park concert tonight but opted to watch the live stream on YouTube instead.
Leave a Comment