Summer is winding down and even though it’s been hot as balls at times, I feel rather sad about it. End of Summer in Los Angeles means the “lazy days” vibe that rather permeates the city for three months comes to an abrupt stop as schools begin again, traffic gets even shittier again, and the humidity amps up. My small consolation is that last year, I kind of missed the holiday season, so this year, I am just BUSTING AT THE SEEMS for it. But anyway, for now, here are the Friday Favorites at Summer’s end:
WHAT I READ
- A Cincinnati’s organization called La Soupe has found the most efficient way to preserve – and serve – food that would otherwise be wasted. I love stories like this that restore my faith in humanity.
- Some Jed Barlet “West Wing” moments, anyone? He’s the President we need.
- Rosé all day, guys. It’s the perfect wine for Summer and Fall — and I just read about this new Rosé-in-a-pouch. I WANT IT! Capri Sun for grown-ups, right?!
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Stephanie at “Note Entirely Perfect” has this delightful list of ways to treat yourself that do not cost a cent.
- I’m trying to decide if I’d like these Peanut Butter No-Bake Energy Balls Fit & Awesome shared…..
- My friend Tanaya’s Instagram feed is absolute food porn. I don’t understand why she doesn’t weight 800 pounds. Like this? This is a truffle mac & cheese fried chicken sandwich.
View this post on Instagram
Enjoyed some great bites, cocktails and conversation by the beach & the Santa Monica Pier before heading to a travel event the other day. 😊 Protip: Get the truffle mac & cheese and the fried chicken sandwich. Stuff mac into sando. Enjoy! 😍 #TanayasTable #keystohappiness 😉
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- Social Media Club LA held two amazing events – I’m so proud of us! (And I’m planning September’s event so y’all better be there!)
- The film music documentary I’ve been working on had it’s final theatrical showing in Los Angeles in front of 400 people and it was great!
- The founder of Sugarfish opened a low-maintenance pasta experience. I am here for it. Tragically, one of my favorite restaurants, Bestia, is closing temporarily due to a kitchen fire.
- I cannot stop laughing at this, guys. And thank goodness because I needed a chuckle:
I’m still shook pic.twitter.com/TPYLRNHDP0
— ashleen🌺 (@ashleenn_) August 20, 2017