This one’s for the girls. Because what a week. Every “favorite” on this list is a time a strong woman KICKED SOME ASS. Let’s bring the GIRL POWER.
1. When Sally Rogers from “The Dick Van Dyke Show” tweeted this:
I’ve worked since I was 3, Im 94. W/ Weinstein, finally women are speaking up to power. I have suffered my whole life for that. Dont stop https://t.co/sad20SYn2V
— Rose Marie-Official (@RoseMarie4Real) October 11, 2017
2. Jamie Lee Curtis opened up about sexual harassment in this Op-Ed for The Huffington Post. Let’s not forget what a badass she is, y’all.
3. And Jane Fonda, who’s never been afraid to speak her mind and laid it out there on CNN this week.
4. An old friend of mine made this incredible point:
Women don’t need men to protect us. We need men to stop protecting each other.
— Clementine Ford (@clementine_ford) October 12, 2017
5. P!nk is one of my favorite people. CBS Sunday morning profiled her. She’s a beacon of light for women, in my opinion.
6. I saw an amazing, moving documentary about The Lethal Ladies of Baltimore — the STEP group from a Baltimore high school. SEE IT. It’s out on iTunes October 17th and the Director, Amanda Lipitz, is impressive AF.
7. You may not know who Sheila Nevins is, but she’s become one of my industry heroes and I’m excited she’s getting some major recognition. Incidentally, she wrote a book this year and I hear it’s fantastic.
8. Indiewire’s Kate Erbland wrote a stellar piece on supporting women in film.
9. I went to a rock concert with some girlfriends. We had a BLAST! We are also badasses.
10. And Samantha mother-effing Bee, who has some excellent advice for all:
Leave a Comment