The day before I moved, I had a boxing lesson. Between that and lifting boxes, I thought my arms and legs might fall off. Like, actually FALL. OFF. I was jello. Moving sucks so much. I am relieved, though, to have that behind me and to be settling into the new place.
WHAT I READ
- I finished this book called “More Beautiful Than Before: How Suffering Transforms Us.” It wasn’t a gem from start-to-finish, but a good chunk of it really moved me and I’d recommend it to anyone who’s struggling.
- Padma Lakshmi wrote a powerful Op-Ed for the New York Times. Read it. All of it.
- Also quite powerful and moving, this piece from Huffington Post called “Everything You Know About Obesity is Wrong.”
- If you are not acquainted with Justin Tranter, you should be. Read this. His is an amazing man with a big heart. I am proud to say I know him a little from my NYU days.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Our Best Bites strikes again with this amazing recipe for QUESO.
- Lindsay hit the Fancy Foods Show and found some cool, new products! I love reading stuff like this.
- And how about Munchies’ recipe for beer-bettered glazed shrimp?!
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- This is good news. Twitter will allow you to make your feed chronological.
- The artist behind the ‘Awards for Good Boys’ Instagram isn’t afraid to piss off her trolls.
- Kinda interesting — Facebook pages can now join Facebook groups.
- Did you know ABC news is earning half a million views on their weekly “selfie style” news program? Good on them.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- An AX THROWING BAR opened in Los Angeles. AX. THROWING. WHAT?! (I’m totally going to take a lesson. No joke.)
- I binged the second season of “Handmaid’s Tale.” And then I needed to take a Xanax and sleep it off.
- I moderated a terrific discussion for Social Media Club LA on crisis communications. It was a great experience and I loved the three women I got to present with!
- This rather special seven year old brought some serious soul to the National Anthem at a recent soccer game.
- Fall in love with this cheeky little Rhino:
Leave a Comment