Greetings! I am here with Friday Favorites, fresh from Sin City, USA. Yes, I just returned from a brief but phenomenal trip to Las Vegas to see JLo in concert and a lot of you were impressed with the semi-private charter I flew on, JetSuiteX, so I’ll let you in on a little secret. It’s not expensive. We looked at flights on Southwest, round trip, that were $170. JetSuiteX was $150. If you live in Los Angeles, especially if Burbank is convenient to you, it’s an amazing way to fly to Vegas or Northern California. If you want to know more about it, I’m happy to get more into it with you. And if you try it, use my code, 8YOUU5, for $20 off your first flight.
WHAT I READ
- FAO Schwartz is COMING BACK!!! It sounds like a lot of fun — the way they’re executing it. Check this out.
- I read a LOT of articles about Colin Kapernick and Nike this week. Then I bought a pair of Converse sneakers (Nike owns Converse).
- This company is winning because they offer “FURternity leave” when an employee adopts a new pet. COME ON.
- There is a second-hand shop in Cardiff where a genius employee filled every picture frame on sale with a photo of Jeff Goldblum. I couldn’t love anything more than I love this.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- So I am not following 2Chainz’s French Bulldog on Instagram. Don’t judge me. He’s pretty cute.
- Carolyn wrote a really lovely post to her daughter, who just left for college.
- Natalia keeps tweeting these ridiculous recipes and I’m not minding. Check out this one for “Crack Chicken Tacos.”
- This dad is having a helluva time posting a video of himself…. I DIED LAUGHING.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- The Village Voice is gone and I am very sad. It is (was?) a Greenwich Village and Manhattan staple.
- Learn a little more about Instagram Engagement Rates.
- This is social media at its worst. This bride canceled her wedding after her guests refused to contribute $1500 pp. Then she let her ugly shine through on Twitter.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- My dog is ridiculously cute and very popular with the LAPD.
View this post on Instagram
Wanna feel good about the world for a minute? Look at these photos of my dog playing with two LAPD officers who pulled over just to say hi to him. #rescuepup #rescue #rescuepuppy #puppylove #puppo #doggo #petoftheday #instadog #doglover #petsofig #blacklab #shepherdmix #adoptdontshop
- You can now register for Social Media Club’s September networking event and panel discussion on Crisis Communications. I shall be the moderator. Click here for more information about it as well as the three badass women I’ll be chatting with. (GIRL POWER!!!)
- I was added to the list of speakers for this year’s Austin Film Festival!!! I am SUPER EXCITED. I love Austin and I love meeting filmmakers. It’s going to be great. If you’ve been on the fence about attending, let me try to sway you with a discount code: AJ25.
- And speaking of Jeff Goldblum….
- Nickelodeon is launching a streaming platform that will showcase many of their old shows I loved as a kid and teenager. I really hope it includes “Roundhouse,” which was one of my favorites. It’s so under-appreciated. Does anyone else remember it? I shall leave you with their end credits routine: