I have to tell you up front, tickets are on sale NOW for one of my favorite events of the year, MASTERS OF TASTE. The May 6 fest, which takes over the football field at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, includes the finest fare from over 40 Culinary Masters and restaurants, sweets prepared by L.A.’s top Sweet Masters, top Beverage Masters who will be featuring signature handcrafted cocktail tastings from 25 spirit brands and bars, a premier 50 yard-line cocktail bar featuring top Mixologists from four of L.A.’s most distinguished drinking destinations, select wineries, local craft breweries, cold-pressed juices cold brew coffee, live entertainment and much, much more. It’s a blast and I look forward to it always. Please come out and join!
P.S. (ALL of the proceeds from the event always go to Union Station Homeless Services.)
WHAT I READ
- Inc finally validates my bad habit of buying too many books: “Why you should surround yourself with more books than you’ll ever have time to read.” Read here.
- A new study says cats would kill you if they were bigger. No one is shocked. Least of all me.
- I appreciated this article about the stigma of doing things alone. I love doing things alone more and more as I get older. I especially love going to the movies alone. I’ve been thinking about more solo trips.
- “Roses Are Red” poetry for the Trump Administration. You guys, I read these to myself in a doctors office waiting room, unabashedly laughing my ass off.
- AXE THROWING, guys. In a BAR. I am totally in. Well, except that it’s in Brooklyn.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Fit & Awesome not only sold me on a silicone muffin pan, but also on EGG muffins. I could eat those always.
- If Amy’s son gets why teachers should not be armed in their schools, then why can’t some of those twits in our government….
- Over at Kara’s Party Ideas, I found a GREAT idea — a Bruschetta Bar!!! OMG!
- How about this recipe for red velvet cookies?
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- Frank Ocean interviewed Timothee Chalamet and it is quite delightful.
- I had the BEST truffle fries EVER. Just wanted you to know.
- Twitter gave us a way to bookmark tweets. Which is terrific.
- I attended a great Social Media Club event — my first as just a member in several years (I was a Board member for seven) — and they had a delicious spread from Kite Hill, which I am now in love with.
Thank you @KiteHillFoods for the amazing spread tonight! #smcla #dairyfree #meatlessmonday pic.twitter.com/fsQiLRhjb4
— Social Media Club LA (@smc_la) February 27, 2018
- This girl followed her father around, continually scaring the shit out of him and it is QUITE. ENJOYABLE. I asked my mom if I could do this to my Grandfather, but she shot me down. Alas.
Leave a Comment