The Best of the web
I save things in my pocket all week long and look forward to sharing the highlights with you every Friday!
Pocket enables users to save something they find online for later. I find it especially handy as a Google Chrome extension — I only have to click a button to immediately save something to my pocket. Once something is saved, the content is visible on any device — phone, tablet, computer, and even offline.
- Do you guys read “Job Seeker Tips” on Tumblr? I may or may not have submitted this one.
- This article from PopSugar about 80s babies vs. Millennials is accurate. Great read!
- I’ve become irrationally obsessed with OUTLANDER on Starz. A friend persuaded me to check it out. I started it this past weekend and now I’m caught up. The Season One finale airs this weekend.
- A very resourceful young man figured out “National Good Day.” You’re welcome, Ice Cube. Also, who has this much free time?
- Robert Scoble posted a long but terrific set of guidelines to make your Facebook experience optimal. Check it out when you have a few minutes.
- Blogger Marla, from Marlita on the Run, tweeted about these sunglasses — they’re ART! I love them. I’d never wear most of them, but a couple I would… Who’s gonna loan me $800?
- Is it weird that I love a really scathing movie review? Entertainment Weekly did NOT like Aloha. Not that I blame them. It looks pretty terrible.
- BIRTHDAY. CAKE. WAFFLES. Enjoy.
- In case you haven’t noticed, it seems like Facebook is allowing animated gifs in posts. If they start allowing us to post midi files and customize our “top eight,” I’m packing it in.
Earlier this week…
- The company I worked for announced a new acquisition.
- I professed my love for a backpack.
- I felt lust for french fries.
- Screener season officially began when I got a package from AMC.