As the Fresh Prince said “my world got flipped turned upside down” this month! While many of my friends and colleagues have encouraged me to take my business freelance for years now, I’ve always hesitated. But in 2018, opportunity kicked me square in the gut so here I am, up and running, with clients and projects and the whole thing. It’s been a whirlwind, but an exciting one, and I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying this way of working and all the collaborating I’ve already been able to enjoy. (Not to mention not sitting in the car for three hours every weekday — the money I am saving on gas alone and the time I’ve earned back for sleeping? Worth it.) And on with the latest “Friday Favorites,” boys and girls!
WHAT I READ
- I thought this was interesting. Airlines are empowering their flight attendants to reward guests with miles in flight. Are they doing so as a conciliatory gesture or to thank people for putting up with the jerk in the seat next to them?
- HBO is releasing an Elvis documentary. I was surprised there hasn’t been a commercially successful one about him yet.
- A very cool bar looks to be opening in Burbank soon and I can’t wait to check it out!
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Social Media Club is kicking off 2018 with a big bash. COME JOIN US! The food and drinks are free!
- Lindsay is nailing down her goals for 2018 and I am a fan. I can also relate.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I participated in Forces of Geek’s “Best of” for 2017. Check out my picks here.
- I also wrote a piece for ConnectHER’s in-house magazine. I’m pretty proud of it. Check out the issue here — I’m on page eight.
- Guardians Director James Gunn liked my tweet about him. I died of happiness to know that.
- Donald Trump was declared healthy at 6’3″ and 239 lbs. Fun fact: One inch shorter than that would have him deemed “obese.” Here are some other people who are 6’3″ and between 235 and 245 lbs.:
- But anyway, PANDAS, guys. PANDAS. In IMAX. Cute alert on HIGH. (Oh and let’s not forget “Pick of the Litter” about PUPPIES.)