I LOVE THE OLYMPICS, guys! Every two years, I sit glued to the television and also, I compile a photo album of the sexiest athletes. It is now up and you may go peruse. In it’s infancy, many years back, it was just hot guys, but I have since altered it to include all the genders and sexual orientations because the point I’m really trying to make is, WE ARE ALL SEXY. Never forget what Ashton Kutcher said (I’m not kidding, it’s a great quote).
- MY GOD. DID YOU READ THE QUINCY JONES INTERVIEW? Stop what you’re doing and read it. Now. Quincy is spilling ALL THE TEA.
- And speaking of tea, Uma Thurman is also dishing with the New York Times. It’s riveting.
- Not quite as scandalous but still very fascinating to me, this interview with Broadway legend Bernadette Peters.
- Glamour Magazine asks “How Should We Watch the Olympics in a Post-Nassar World?” It’s a good essay. (H/T to Anne for tweeting it.)
- If you are super into chicken nuggets, there may actually be a career opportunity out there for you. No joke.
- A Joan Jett documentary is coming. Everyone should see this — I think she is such a badass.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Carolyn tackled her own kitchen remodel and it kind of blew my mind. How do you even begin to take that on, on your own?!
- WeAreMidlife makes a good point about plus-sized tops. And did you know one of their founders, Jessica, is blogging on her personal site again? I’m so glad.
- I thought these carry-on cocktail kits Uncrate showcased were pretty dang nifty.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- I never dreamed about visiting Milwaukee, but now I do…..
- John Mulaney, who’s currently my favorite stand-up comedian, was on Seth Meyers and it was delightful. (I swear, not a week goes by where I don’t put on one of his Netflix specials.)
- I spoke at a PR class at USC and had a BLAST. I love speaking to students but this one was just especially fun for some reason.
- One of my new clients premiered their film’s trailer (Los Angeles Overnight) — check it out!
- I would say I am a semi-Whovian. Which means I love “Doctor Who” when I get around to watching it (I would say a REAL “Whovian” is like obsessive and never misses it). My favorite “Doctor” is David Tennant and wouldn’t you know he plays SUCH a strong bad guy. The trailer for Bad Samaritan is CHILLING, y’all:
- I don’t know if you’ve seen The Greatest Showman. My two cents: it’s an okay movie with an absolutely gorgeous musical soundtrack. Rebecca Hall stars as “the most wonderful singer in the world” but her singing is actually voiced by Loren Allred, whose Instagram account has been a delight lately. She’s been regramming folks lip-synching her song. Enjoy.