Uh….. Happy June? Happy Summer? Where did the time go? So much in today’s Friday Favorites. I’m a little all over the place, but c’est la vie!
WHAT I READ
- For those of you in my field, or if you’re just an avid Facebook user, it’s important to read up on their latest update; they’re doing away with trending topics.
- I read about this nine year old who is living the dream. His Twitter account is solely dedicated to all the dogs he’s pet. I followed and turned on mobile notifications.
- I loved reading this interview with Asana Founder, Justin Rosenstein. Who better to get organizational tips from than the creator of the leading organizational project management platform? (Note, he recommends this book, which I immediately downloaded to my Kindle and look forward to reading.)
- I have become absolutely obsessed with Reese Witherspoon as an entrepreneur. She is the change we need. Read more.
- Former Obama photographer Pete Souza continues to establish giving shade as an artform. He is mastering it.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- A Beautiful Mess offers this refreshing recipe for The Bramble Cocktail.
- Wendy talks about the value of playtime. I whole-heartedly agree. Even for us grown ups. Especially for us grown ups.
- A lot of sudden tragedy in the blogger community this week and my heart is broken for Pam, who lost her husband, and Chelsea, who lost her sister.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- My obsession with grandiose bookstores continues. I started a Pinterest Board for it. Enjoy.
- I saw Beauty & the Beast in concert at the Hollywood Bowl starring Zoe Deschanel, Kelsey Grammer, Taye Diggs and…. Rebel Wilson as Lefou. She managed to go off book and work in a beastiality joke, leaving dozens and dozens of parents in the audience asking “HOW DO I EXPLAIN THIS TO MY CHILDREN?!” (But overall, a really fun evening.)
- Roseanne has been condemned and her show canceled. Deservedly so. Samantha Bee got a little carried away on a point that was actually valid and apologized for it. Both cases prove that too many people do not know what racism actually is. And also what the side effects of Ambien actually are. I roll my eyes at these people.
People of all races, religions and nationalities work at Sanofi every day to improve the lives of people around the world. While all pharmaceutical treatments have side effects, racism is not a known side effect of any Sanofi medication.
— Sanofi US (@SanofiUS) May 30, 2018
- You probably saw it on Twitter. Or the news. Kim Kardashian met with Donald Trump to discuss prison reform. Except that’s not really what she did. She’s lobbying for the pardon of a Grandmother serving time on drug charges. And to be fair, I agree with Kim that Grandma needs to get out. But deeming herself a spokesperson for prison reform is a stretch and deceptive. There is not a selfless bone in that woman’s body; I’m sorry.
Whenever she does something “selfless,” it’s just another photo opp. I can’t take her seriously. She has set herself up to have zero credibility. Which makes her pretty perfect to partner with Trump.
— AJ. (@ajfeuerman) May 31, 2018
- Hearts Beat Loud comes out next week and I think it looks really sweet. Not a story I’ve seen told before and surely a different type of role for Nick Offerman.
- A couple of REALLY strong action movies are on the horizon and I am HERE FOR IT! I love big screen ass kickings. Next week, Hotel Artemis:
- And also, this September, we get out “Sydney Bristow” era Jennifer Garner back with Peppermint: