This Summer seemed especially long — probably because here in Los Angeles, we’re still having it. It’s October and the temperature is still hitting triple digits out there. Horrible.
But hey, keep it up LA. I’ll be inside with my air conditioning embracing Fall TV. I am excited to welcome back all the shows that are like old friends and dive into some new shows — there are a lot of good ones this year!
- Madame Secretary. Am I the only person under 50 who watches this show? I love it. I think it’s the first thing I’ve ever liked Tea Leoni in and I like her a helluva lot in it. And I have a crush on Tim Daly.
- Once Upon a Time. So much yes. Such a great premiere and set-up for the season. Very excited about Season Five! And more Hook.
- Big Bang Theory. Admittedly, I’m a little over it with these guys. But I’ll stick with it. Like I said: old friends.
- Agents of SHIELD. Kind of a slow start to the season premiere but by the end of the hour, I was totally in.
- Law & Order SVU and Chicago PD. Strong premieres! I love my procedural crime dramas.
- The CW shows — they’re not back yet but I am excited for these the most. Arrow, The Flash and iZombie.
- What else? Blue Bloods, Shark Tank (so addicted!), Castle, Gotham (maybe – it’ll sit on my DVR for a while), Empire, How to Get Away With Murder, The Voice, The Blacklist (please be better than last season!)
- Quantico. I liked the pilot. At first I thought “predictable” but I think I’m going to be surprised. I really like Josh Hopkins and I think the lead actress, Priyanka Chopra, is interesting.
- Life in Pieces. What a stellar cast! The second episode was even stronger than the first. And I’m gonna request more scenes between Colin Hanks and Thomas Sadoski. They have great chemistry as brothers. (I tweeted this and Sadoski favorited it so I’m winning.)
- Limitless. Actually, I’ve recorded this but haven’t watched it yet. I have the movie on my DVR as well and want to watch that first. But I’ve heard good things and am looking forward to it!
- The Muppets. Well…. I hate to say it but I wasn’t in love with the pilot. We’ll see. I’m not convinced this show is going to last. I don’t think the last movie was successful enough to propel any worthwhile momentum into launching this series. I say this painfully — I have always loved The Muppets.
- Grandfathered and The Grinder. Enjoyed both. I think Grandfathered is a little stronger. But that’s a good hour of handsome men on my TV. I think it’s become harder to launch successful half-hour comedies and applaud Fox for the effort. Also – Fred Savage! He’s back on TV! I love it.
- Code Black. SO GOOD. So, so good. What a killer pilot episode. Reminds me of ER but grittier. Marcia Gay Harden will get all the Emmys.
These shows have not premiered yet but I’m keeping an eye out!
- Chicago Med. From the creators of Law & Order and a spin-off of Chicago PD? Automatically in. I worship at the shrine of Dick Wolf.
- Truth Be Told. Because I’m intrigued by Mark Paul Gosselar on a sitcom. But truth be told (See what I did there?), it doesn’t look too promising….
- Agent X. I’m totally in for American James Bond and Sharon Stone being a badass.
- Supergirl. I’ve actually seen the pilot and I cannot wait for this to premiere. I was really pleasantly surprised by it. I thought Calista Flockhart was fabulous.
- The Family. Speaking of badasses, how about Joan Allen coming to TV? YES.
- Outlander and Flesh and Bone. The Starz channel is crushing it. Outlander Season Two cannot come fast enough and I’m really excited about Flesh and Bone. Mostly because the cute guy from Center Stage is in it.
And that’s just traditional TV! Don’t even get me started on Netflix and Amazon Prime….
So what about you? What are YOU watching this Fall? Tell me in the comments!