I need theme music! “LIVE! FROM BOX CITY! HOORAY!” The audience applauds….
My tiny apartment is a box city. I am moving on Wednesday — not far at all from where I live now — and I am both excited and stressed out beyond belief. MOVING SUCKS. It especially sucks when you are running your own business out of the home your are packing up. It is even harder when you have a seven month old puppy running around, trying to eat everything in said boxes. SIGH.
WHAT I READ
- OMG. This reporter ate Brunch at the Scientology Celebrity Center. A fascinating read. I wanna goooooooo….
- I am so sad that this is our reality — teachers taking second and third jobs to make ends meet. This is unacceptable.
- This is so interesting. Every year in Paris, they have a day without ANY CARS. What a cool idea. I wonder how they make it happen?! Los Angeles would probably collapse on itself.
OTHER BLOGGERS & INFLUENCERS
- Our Best Bites has aggregated some amazing-looking apple recipes. YUM!!!
- Alice’s family’s Summer vacation looks idyllic.
- Do you take advantage of Give Back Box? If you order anything from certain retailers online, they will print you a label for free shipping to use their packaging for gently-worn clothing donations.
- Vanity Fair does this great online series, “73 Random Questions.” I love this latest episode with Lady Gaga.
PR & SOCIAL MEDIA
- A new study tracks how teens really feel in relation to social media. I love this stuff.
- Some great tips to running a successful Instagram giveaway.
- Don’t forget on September 24, I am moderating a Social Media Club panel discussion about crisis communications! Get details and tickets here.
EARLIER THIS WEEK
- Pottery Barn unveiled a line of Harry Potter homewares and I want to be a kid again.
- One of my clients made a very cool casting announcement! Check it out.
- Joe Biden rejoined Instagram. That made me happy.
- I saw Enchanted and it’s so cute and clever. What a fun movie! Have you seen it?
- Paula Abdul CRUSHED IT on The Late Late Show. I’ve watched this multiple times.
- One of my idols, Marin Mazzie, a three-time Tony nominee, passed away this week from Ovarian Cancer. I have been unable to shut off her music since. She was just 57. What a loss. I had the privilege of seeing her a few times on stage, twice on Broadway, and she left an indelible mark on my soul.