The Best of the web
I save things in my pocket all week long and look forward to sharing the highlights with you every Friday!
Pocket enables users to save something they find online for later. I find it especially handy as a Google Chrome extension — I only have to click a button to immediately save something to my pocket. Once something is saved, the content is visible on any device — phone, tablet, computer, and even offline.
- My trip to New York was really a trip to New Jersey because once I stepped into my best friend’s home there, I felt warm, cozy and loved and hardly wanted to leave. However I’m afraid this means most of my vacation photos are of her dogs.
- When I did go into the city, I saw an absolutely magnificent Broadway musical called Fun Home. I won’t tell you what it’s about. It’s layered and complicated and beautiful and amazing. The talent in it is beyond amazing.
- Apparently people still care about Grey’s Anatomy. I stopped watching when Izzy started hallucinating. But I think everyone who posted spoilers on Facebook in real time last night stinks. Not nice, people.
- London knows how to properly celebrate their icons. Look how they paid tribute to Monty Python.
- This journalist wears the same thing to work every day and I think she’s amazing.
- Blogger Chris Lam tells us how NOT to get a bikini bod. God bless her.
- I caught onto this genius Thug Kitchen cookbook commercial. “I love to cook good food but who has the fucking time….”
- I thought this was great from PR Daily: “Five Pitches That Journalists Don’t Care About“
- Terrific interview in the NY Times with Netflix CEO Reed Hastings. Have you watched Daredevil? It’s amazing.
- This video made the rounds — Pandora Jewelry gathered a group of children, aged three to nine, and their mothers to participate in a simple experiment that basically left me in a puddle of warm n’ fuzzy tears.
Leave a Comment