Best of the web
I did not go into the office today (hint: I’m writing this on Thursday night) because, well, yesterday I found out I have bursitis in my right shoulder. And while no one can tell without an MRI, the suspicion is that there is a tiny tear in my rotator cuff causing it. And by the way, no idea how I did this. I woke up at 4 AM in excruciating pain and by 2 PM, was leaving work to go to the doctor. My shoulder has been a little achy since Sunday night but this was just suddenly like WHAM. I don’t actually like working from home but I do like not having to spend three hours in the car, so there’s that. But I do have a little cabin fever right now and may just have to take a walk outside when I finish this post.
- I’m speaking at the Dad 2.0 Conference next week and I’m super excited! This is a totally new conference to me and I can’t wait to meet new people, new bloggers and influencers, and drop some knowledge.
- I know everything is terrible right now and I’m not going to help you with this awful news: BACON RESERVES ARE AT AN ALL-TIME LOW. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! (Did you know we have “bacon reserves?” Where is this place? Wanna go?)
- Current, new TV obsessions: The Crown (Netflix) and Victoria (PBS Masterpiece). Never thought I’d get into period shows but I LOVE THEM. Clearly every show ever should be about the British Monarchy.
- There are many, many adorable dogs you should be following on Instagram. Here’s a good list.
- Do you happen to follow the sassy Merriam-Webster account on Twitter? You should. Meet the author, Lauren Naturale.
- You better believe I pre-ordered this gem:
- Starbucks’ CEO Howard Schultz announced they would be hiring 10,000 refugees. Amazing.
- And did you hear what Kal Penn did??? He’s also amazing.
- Here is a cute baby sloth. Because reasons.
Leave a Comment